Due to my impulse to become involved with more and more fandoms, I fell in love with the Netflix show Orange is The New Black. Due to my blossoming love for the show, I was tasked with creating an ad for the next season of the show. Upon familiarizing myself with the concept, I came up with a perfect idea. The main premise for the season finale is the the audience is fully un-aware if Piper murdered the annoying and violent Pensatucky. What I did, is I took a prime concept for the show and used it for advertising purposes. The process of creating the poster was surprisingly not that difficult. I began the process by holding a photo-shoot with a screw driver until I found a proper image. My biggest task was to change the handle of the screwdriver a shade of orange. With the original item having a red and clear handle, I had to manipulate the colour with a variety of tools including the smudge tool, hue & saturation, and the burn tool.
Overall, I am pleased with the overall turn out of this poster, for I feel it accurately reflects not only the television series, but the original novel as well.
- Orange Is The New Black: Facts You Didn’t Know About The Cast! (getmybuzzup.com)
- TV: Orange is the New Black (moodyncheeky.com)
- Orange Is The New Black Actress Breaks Silence On Julianne Hough (now100fm.cbslocal.com)
- Netflix Loving: Orange is the New Black (snapcracklewatch.wordpress.com)
- Netflix: ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Is Our Most-Watched Original, But Our TV Exclusives Are Even Bigger (curiosidadesnainternet.com)
- Orange Is the New Black (Season 1: 2013-) (thegrandshuckett.com)
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Cast Covers VIBE Vixen’s Digital Issue (PHOTOS + VIDEO) (jessicasimien.com)
- Orange is the New Black: The real Piper on life in prison (tedx.com)